Hello dear readers! Sometimes, I really miss the food in Cyprus. Recently, I felt the need to come up with an easy, alternative recipe for the traditional Cypriot olive and halloumi bread.
And let me tell you, this recipe turned out DELICIOUS!
If you like to watch the video of the full recipe, you can head over to my Instagram page, @sunacenk.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe and like it!
- 260 grams pitted olives (I used 2 packages of pitted Kalamata olives)
- 1 halloumi, grated
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (16 tbsp) olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp dried mint (you can also add some finely chopped fresh mint leaves if you have any)
- 2 cups (around 300 grams) flour of your choice (I used 1 cup of oat flour and 1 cup of white flour) – make sure to add your flour gradually, you can always increase of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Pre-heat your oven to 175°C.
Mix everything well.
Then, place the mixture in a baking paper lined tray.
Bake the bread for 50-55 minutes.